We all want cheap car insurance, but are you willing to pay the price? That sounds backwards doesn’t it, how could cheap car insurance cost you?
If you buy too cheap, you will be paying dearly for the consequences. The consequences will be poor coverage, poor service and poor advice.
There are ways for you can get cheap car insurance without sacrificing on coverage, service and advice. You just need to know how to do it. Let’s review.
Cheap Car Insurance Without Sacrifice:
Your credit score has a lot to do with getting cheap car insurance.
A credit score above 750 is terrific.
A credit score closer to 800 is invaluable.
Insurance companies sell lower premiums to high credit ratings, that’s just the way it is.
- Full coverage is not the way to get cheap car insurance.
- Liability only policies is the way to get cheap car insurance.
- Full coverage or liability only are sometimes referred to as “basic limit” policies.
- When you have a full coverage policy, comprehensive and collision premiums make up the highest amount of the premium of that policy.
- Carrying liability only coverage is one way to lower your insurance premium because it can make up the smallest amount of your premium.
- But you never want to sacrifice coverage on a new car; so you want to carry full coverage on a new car.
- You would carry liability only coverage on older cars.
Package Your Insurance Policies
- Save money on your insurance policies by combining your auto insurance with your home insurance.
- Buy your home insurance from the same insurance carrier that you buy your auto insurance from.
- Most insurance companies give you a discount for insuring your home and auto with them.
- Insuring your home and auto with the same insurance company will help keep your car insurance premiums down because you are more reliable as a customer when you package your insurance policies with the same company.
- Some insurance companies also give discounts when you insure your auto, home and life insurance with them.
Watch Your Claim Activity
- The real reason you carry car and home insurance is for major losses; that’s the purpose of insurance.
- Insurance is not for losses that you can pay for on your own; and that’s how insurance companies look at it. So if you file a lot of little claims, your insurance premiums will increase, no doubt about it.
To obtain cheap car insurance you don’t have to sacrifice quality for savings. When you are comparison shopping your insurance ask the insurance agent about all of the discounts that you qualify for.
Different insurance company’s offer different discounts so be sure to ask the insurance agent for their list of available discounts. The money you save by finding cheap car insurance will come in handy in these touch economic times we are in.